Struggling with pain, you become a mom after delivery. The area around the vagina needs special care and protection. Without protection, you can’t get a healthy body quickly. Sometimes women generally start avoiding care like changing sanitary pad on time or proper care of vaginal wash after urine, which leads to a big problem.
Do you any idea about vaginal care after birth to reduce pain?
After baby birth(delivery), the area between your legs is in pain due to vagina expand during delivery. It may be possible that the private part is sore, bruised, swollen, and giving more pain while sitting. Some best natural treatment is mentioned below through with you can reduce your private part pain.
Do the following care to reduce the pain:
– Cool the private part with ice.
a) Take 4-5 ice cubes
b) Also, take a clean cloth(white color)
– Put ice in a cloth and apply on private part with a soft hand.
– Rotate that towel with ice near the swelling area of the vagina.
a) Take 4-5 ice cubes
b) Also, take a clean cloth(white color)
– Cover the vagina with a cloth and touch that cloth area with ice.
Reduces the pain and low the infection level.
- Try to sit on a soft bed or sofa.
- Sit in a lukewarm water bathtub.
- Do yoga to reduce pain.
Take medicine to reduce pain on Doctor’s advice.
Related article: Vaginal care after baby birth
One more problem is very confusing “Bleeding”
Bleeding is a big issue after the birth of a baby, also causes pain. Protect your vagina from any damage or illness clean it well. Change private cloth(sanitary pad), before getting dry because after that cloth attaches to the skin and give pain during the removal of the cloth.
There is more and more question in mind related to bleeding after baby birth. These questions are genuine to come because you are facing those problems.
Q. How many days do bleeding from vagina?
Q. Why the color of the blood is very dark?
Q. Why Blood comes with clots?
Are these types of questions giving stress to you?
Don’t worry Let take a look on below medically proved points.
i) Reason for dark blood
– Dark or bright red bleeding occurs six or more weeks after delivery the same as you have experienced during the period.
– It may be Lochia (medical term) in which discharge increases with exertion and decreases when you rest.
– The internal part of the vagina is under the creation of that time, So the color of vaginal bleeding is dark red.
ii) Clots with blood after delivery of
– Occur During First two or three days.
– You have seen small clots about the size of a loonie during vaginal bleeding due to an internal breaking of veins(that is natural you don’t have to worry about that).
iii) Time period of bleeding after baby birth (delivery)
– The time period is not fixed for bleeding with surety.
– Bleeding depends upon the lifestyle and care.
– Generally, it takes 15-20 days to stop complete bleeding.
Use pads to clean blood, avoid to use cloth or any product like paper.
Here is some suggestion for sanitary pads use after pregnancy
- Newmom Disposable Maternity Pads
- Dynamnic New Mom Maternity Pads
- Proficon Medisol Maternity Pad (2 XL)
- Whisper Maxi Overnight Sanitary Pads – XL Wings (15 Count)
Eat And stay fit(What you eat after baby birth)
– Eat fresh fruit, whole grains.
– Drink water 4-5 liter.
– Don’t take the strain.
– Avoid eating oily food.
– Take medicine on time.
Vaginal care or fitness after delivery
After delivery, care of your vagina becomes a priority. Try to keep it clean using vaginal washing, change the sanitary pads whenever needed, using ice on your swelling vagina relief it from pain and irritation. It is very common to have bleeding and vaginal discharge for several weeks after birth. For your vaginal fitness, you can use the best sanitary napkin during your bleeding after delivery. Heartfelt pads, Gladrags pads and much more available in the market. After birth mother facing so many problems like mood swings, depression. She needs much care as she is going through many changes.
Discomfort after baby delivery(3 to 5 days) is very painful continuously try to do ice treatment, but this is only helpful when you avoid discomfort like Hard surface, heavy object pulling, exercise, physical work, and dirty cloth.
– Sit in the warm bathtub.
– Place cold or heat pad on a private part to reduce pain.
– Avoid giving stress on stitches.
– You can also use medical spray on the advice of a doctor.
These are the very short and best treatment to reduce vaginal pain after baby birth.
Items required by mother after birth:
Afterbirth items are required by every mother after delivery. Before leaving home for hospital check these items are with you or not:
- Sitz Bath
- Peri bottle
- Night time pads
- Witch hazel
- Stool softener
- The hot -cold pack
- Granny panties/ nursing
Care of the vagina after birth
Vaginal fitness: Taking care of your vagina becomes the priority after delivery. Try to keep it clean using a vaginal wash, change sanitary pad whenever needed, and if you found swelling on the vagina use ice, it relieves pain and swelling.
Some suggestions for vaginal wash are-
- VWash Plus Intimate Hygiene Wash – 200 ml
- Himalaya Intimate Wash for Women 200ml (Pack of 2)
- Clean and Dry Daily Intimate Wash, 100ml
- Bella Sensitive Intimate Wash Delicate Emulsion – 300 m
- Bliss of Earth™ DailyFresh Feminine Hygiene Wash | 200ML
Fitness after delivery: After delivery, the body changes its shape and size, and it takes a lot of time to regain its physical shape. Exercise and yoga are two key factors that help in maintaining physical shape.
Mom care after delivery: Being a mom is not an easy job, it leads to many sleepless nights. The mother progressing through many changes, both emotionally and physically after delivery. So, both kind of care is needed to rebuild her strength.
Haircare after delivery: Hair fall is the most common problem seen after the delivery and it depends on the hormone level. The hair is in the growing stage during pregnancy due to a rise in hormone level but after delivery shedding of hair starts as hormone level comes down. It is temporary so don’t worry.
Best sanitary napkins after delivery: After delivery(or giving birth to your baby) you will bleed vaginally. There is heavy bleeding in the first few days after delivery. So it is better to know which pad you can use in first and later subsequent days. Poise pads, Always overnight protection, Natracare overnight protection and much more available in the market. Choosing any of the pads to keep it in mind that hygiene is a must.
Afterbirth items: After birth, some of the items mom needs are a sitz bath, pads, a water bottle, nipple cream, bottom spray, nursing undergarments, and a dermoplast. Being a first-time mother you should know about all these things.
Ice cubes in the vagina: After delivery swelling and pain in the vagina is normal. Using ice in the vagina help in reducing it. You can use it with a sanitary pad, clean clothes or as an ice pack.
Genital or vaginal piercing: Avoid genital/vaginal piercing as the needle used for piercing can cause infection in the body. Health professional suggests avoiding piercing mainly in your genital area.