Now it is time to change hairstyle according to the demands of the era. I personally did many experiments with my hair. I got my research result in a form of hair color highlights. It is the best way to look different than others. If you also want a different look then think upon hair highlights color. When I highlight my hair, I was pleased because that my present hairstyle remains the same, with a golden color. The choice of highlights depends upon you.
First, you look for color selection which one is better for you. Then decide which side of hair you want to highlight. But it is very hard to maintain the style or color quality remains the same for a long time, without knowing the tricks. Use lemons juice for natural bleaching, which highlights color without damaging. Kool-Aid is best(don’t contain harsh chemicals) for purple, red, pink, and green highlights because it is used by hair care professionals to highlight. If you are looking for natural treatment with house products then use chamomile tea to rinse your hair. Before doing hair highlights try to apply chalk of the same color you want on your hair and see your look before applying the original color.
You are thinking, I am talking about which types of tricks and care, let me help you.
Suggested read: Best Hair color for me
Do’s and Don’t: Color highlights for hair
There is a lot of benefit to the highlight color. If you don’t want to color your entire hair or don’t want to cut your long hair for the latest fashion. then highlight hair dye is the best option. The best hair streaks according to your face requirement can give you extra attraction. Just coming on topic, always remember these Dos and Don’ts points for color and highlights.
Dos for Color highlights:-
Choice: choice of color is the main priority, so in the first step create a mind setup about it. Your highlights always match with your hair’s base tone.
- For the warm base(dark brown hair) then honey blonde is better.
- For ash brown hair then sandy streaks are good to apply.
- Before going for streaks, know your base color and check out there matching streaks color.
- So, your choice of color is the first priority.
Placement: Proper placement of steak is important for natural look effect. Always try to get thicker chunks of bright lights and a beautiful look. Dark and sparse streaks most are colored at the roots. Correctly placed and evenly distributed balanced color provide the natural shine when exposed in the light.
Over highlighted hair is good for some time but it is hard to maintain because of its excess shine, it didn’t look like natural hair. Highlights must always make more noticeable so it’s important to get the thickness of streaks and don’t overpower the base color. Adding too many colors may act opposite, combining your base color with one highlight color helps.
How to maintain highlighted hair:
- wet your hair first.
- then apply soft/baby lights shampoo.
- dry your hair properly.
- select good quality of color.
- Plant oil is very useful.
- highlights are feeling a bit dull then apply shampoo with cornflower(mixed form), apply on dry hair and let it be for a few minutes.
9 basic care of hair highlights
- Don’t get color too often.
- Not use hard conditioner.
- Wash hair with normal water.
- Don’t use strong base shampoo.
- If you have fair skin avoid to use lighter coloring of hair.
- The base color most me considers at a priority level.
- Trust your stylist.
- Check your look in the photo before applying it.
- Don’t switch directly from dark to light color.
Don’ts for Colour highlights :
Picking the wrong shade of blonde.
Too many colors:- Multicolor hair looks unnatural. The touch of naturality become low so it did not look good. If you are looking for a rainbow hairstyle then there is a drawback of that is your base color of hair may be damaged. The pitch of every color is different so, when you apply that on your hair the low wavelength color like violet, indigo, blue lose their ability to shine.
To light color:- A light color depends upon the base color of hair, if your hair is deep black color then it is easy to select a lighter color. Every hair has a different base so if you try to do a similar hairstyle with a celebrity then it may not look good on your face. Sometimes people don’t follow the experimental color for hair, they quickly select the trends and those trends spoil the look.
9 things which damage hair highlights:
- Hair washes with hot water.
- Avoid low-quality shampoo.
- Don’t wet hair for a long time.
- Protect your hair from dust.
- Bleaching of hair.
- Not separating the different type of hair lights.
- Not considering the base color.
- Don’t try to do any experiment with your highlighted hair.
- Picking the wrong shade of blonde.
Some additional tips:
- Adjust highlights according to seasons.
- “Highlights should be brighter and paler in the summer”.
- “Highlights should be golden in the winter”.
15 hair color trends:
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Hair.
- Rose gold hair.
- Color bleed hair.
- Amethyst Roots Hair.
- Burgundy Hair.
- Softly Contrasting Hair.
- Margarine Hair.
- Baby lights Hair
- Blonde-Gray Hair.
- Lightly Toasted Hair.
- Brunette with Blonde Hair.
- Chestnut Ombré Hair.
- Eclipsing Hair.
- Flamboyage Hair.
- Chocolate Rose Gold Hair.
Hair highlights provide you with a different look without damaging your hair. It is the latest fashion trend. If you are going to adopt this fashion trend it is good to see. Everything in this world has good and bad aspects so follow the instructions. Sometimes it helps to prevent premature grey hair.
Hair highlights and color design:
- Silver Grey Hair
- Purple Hair Highlights
- Multicolor Highlights
- Maroon Multi Hair Strip
- Maroon Hair Color
- Uniform Hair Color Style
- Mid to End Hair Color
- Shiny Hair Color
- Dark Light hair Multicolor
- Balayage Hair Color
How To Highlights Your Own Hair
Hair highlights are the trickiest things which can be done by you. But due to lack of information you don’t want to do. You can try this tricks on a barbie doll’s. It sounds funny, but that is the best technique for self motivation.
The steps are as follows:
- Lable the starting point of the brush, which is used by you for hair highlights.
- Follow the strand test, Select brands according to hair like Brunette hair: brown, red, orange is better.
- A toothbrush can be used to color your hair.
- Follow the right Streak Way.
- a) Initially start with front hair one side
- b) Use paper same as below image
- C) Maintain 1-inch gap between 2 strips of hair
- Use good quality of hair tone
Tips To Select Highlighting of Hair
- Choose the right color according to hair natural color or skin color of the face.
- Before applying hair highlights protect your skin and clothes.
- Tools applying techniques is very important so, use familiar tools.
- Before implementing hair highlights, the provided direction must be understood by you.
- Color hair strip by strip, not try to color all hair at the same time.
- Noontime is best to use hair color.
- You a good toner for hair.
- Wash your hair with a soft hand, and low base shampoo
- Try to dry your hair color with air dry.
Some of the tips are as follows
- Lemon: Meanwhile lemon juice has properties which bleaches your hair without the use of any chemicals. Plus it gives blonde shades on your hair naturally without damaging your scalps. Make a spray of lemon juice and water and spray on your hair for 30 minutes then wash it off. You will feel a natural light and blonde highlight on your hair without damaging your hair.
- Raw Honey: Moreover honey has properties which help in highlighting your hair. Blend honey, cinnamon, water properly and spray on your hair properly. As a result you will have a natural highlight look on your hair without damaging your scalp. Try to use it twice in a week for an immense look on your hair.
- Cinnamon: Well cinnamon has properties which help in highlighting your hair. Blend cinnamon and conditioner properly and apply on your hair for 30 minutes then wash it with cold water. You will have an immense look on your hair. Using it twice a week will give you great highlighted hair without any damage on your hair.Plus you can feel the effect too.
- Vinegar: Well vinegar works as a natural highlighter on your hair. Blending vinegar and honey properly and spray on your hair.wash it with cold water after 20 minutes will give you natural highlighted hair. Using it twice a week will have an immense effect on your hair. Moreover you will feel a great look on your hair without damaging your scalps.
- Henna: Meanwhile using henna will give a natural colour to your hair. Blend henna properly and apply on your hair for an hour. Then wash it with cold water. Using it twice a week will give a redness and shine to your hair. After using it you will feel an immense look on your hair without any damage, plus it makes your hair healthy and natural.
- Rhubarb: Well, this is an old remedy to highlight your hair. Meanwhile blend, take ¼ of rhubarb and boil water properly. As the water cools, apply on your hair for 15 minutes. Wash it with cold water properly. As a result you will have natural highlighted hairs. Using it twice a week will give you an immense look on your hair without damaging your hair and scalps too.
Well, highlighting your hair is good. But using chemicals and harmful colors damages your hair. Plus it weakens your hair roots and makes it rough. Rather than going to parlors and having harmful chemicals on your hair, use natural remedies. Hope these tips will help you highlight your hair.